As a wholly owned subsidiary corporation of the National Association of REALTORS®, RPR is designed to offer a member benefit to all 1,000,000+ REALTORS®, delivering an advanced data platform designed to reinforce the core competence of its members. As RPR enters its second year of providing this valuable service to members, and given the national discussion taking place on the value and use of property data, it seems appropriate for RPR to participate in that discussion by outlining in simple terms, what RPR is, and is not.
What RPR is:
- NAR’s technology arm of the Second Century Initiatives – Approved by the NAR Board of Directors in 2008, RPR was launched in September 2010 and is currently partnered with over 413 MLSs, representing over 65% REALTORS®.
- A trusted and secure steward for your licensed listing data – RPR recently hired a respected third party to conduct an internal security audit using a template designed by the Department of Defense. No unauthorized or public access means that the REALTOR® is in control of the delivery of RPR reports to the consumer at all levels.
- Developing products and features for all NAR industry segments
- Agent Tools - Property, listing, foreclosure, and ownership data, search, reports, investment tools, trends and market statistics, schools, and neighborhood information, all in one place.
- Broker Tools – Company branding, support for Affiliated Services Support, RPR Data Tool for custom-defined market statistics providing agent, office and company level metrics.
- Commercial Application – Business opportunity analysis, site selection tools, market potential search, consumer trends, and demographic data, with dynamic reporting.
- Appraiser Tools – Advanced comps selection and adjustment, forms-based analysis, assignment management, and specialized tools for creating and producing neighborhood statistics and commentary.
- MLS Tools – Deep linking, single sign-on, co-branding, free Public Records API, and integrated rules and policies for reciprocal subscriber agreements.
- Association Dashboard – Market, county, region or state level access to sales trends, graphs and statistics to create leadership communications and media tools.
- Owned by REALTORS®, created by REALTORS®, for REALTORS® - Through its Boards, Councils, Task Forces and Work Groups, RPR works with hundreds of REALTOR® volunteers on current and future features and functionality, policies, and business rules, in order to provide the highest value to NAR’s members.
For more information about RPR, go to blog.narrpr.com.