The following report was submitted by RAMP President J. Reed Pirain for the Annual Membership Meeting on September 15th. To learn more about RAMP from our leadership and the various committee chairs, download the this document.
A Year In Review
It has been an honor to serve as your 2016 President. Over the years, I have been involved with the REALTORS® Association of Metropolitan Pittsburgh on many different levels. This past year, I have had the privilege of learning and expanding my knowledge. From working with Staff, Committees, the State Association and Politicians.
My theme for this year was “FROM WITHIN.” We are the Voice of Real Estate. From the staff to the Board of Directors, along with our committee members when representing the REALTORS® Association of Metropolitan Pittsburgh, we want people to know; We fight to Protect Private Property Rights and we are always striving to enhance our Core Customer, YOU! and that all starts from within.
My goals for this year was to be known as a Premier Association; by making sure our Staff; who is our backbone, had the tools, support, and ability to complete the task set ahead of them in their day-to-day operations. We have hired new staff to assist REI, Revamped the Board of Directors Room by adding a TV, along with painting and new lighting to follow. By realizing that our Board of Directors, Committee Chairs and Committee Members are all volunteers and by keeping them focused on our collective goal which is simply to be the Best and provide the best events and programs to our members. I feel this year the Committees really gave 110%, from new events hosted by the Affiliates, RAMP Foundation, and Community Services, to name just a few. As for member benefits, our Government Affairs Committee had a busy year protecting our industry and fighting legislation to improve the real estate transaction. And thirdly, the idea that You Are Not Alone. Understanding that so many of us out there are independent contractors, and through the Association you can gain a uniformity of like minds and thoughts that can be your greatest tool for growth. By having a weekly newsletter this year many REALTORS® have expressed their appreciation and concerns on topics and worked to ensure their voice was heard.
During my term as President, I worked with Staff, Committee Chairs and Members one on one to help them complete the task and goals they had in front of them.
- The Affiliate committee: The relationship between RAMP and our Affiliates has grown strong over the past few years and it has grown stronger with their hosting of the REALTOR® & Affiliate Bowling Event at Latitude 360, Pittsburgh Pirates Tailgate, RE Day, and Wine Tasting Event that is around the corner.
- With our Government Affairs Committee, or as I call them “Our Watchdog in Politics!” They are always looking for new bills and legislation that effects real estate and potentially compromises private property rights. They also welcomed Matthew Vermeire as new Government Affairs Director. This year they have fought transfer tax increases, lead issues, property blight along with Pittsburgh Rental Registration.
- With The RAMP Foundation, they had their first annual "Fashion for a Cause," which was a great success and was an event enjoyed by not only Realtors but the public as well.
- Our Community Service Committee, had another successful Spring Planting/Yard Clean Up Program, hosted a Senior Safety Check Program, did knitting for the homeless, and are currently applying for a Grant from N.A.R to help create a War Memorial complete with a Garden and Sitting Area.
- The Young Professionals Network Committee, has had a strong presence this year with events such as the Head Shots and Happy Hour to hosting a Tailgate for REALTORS® at PNC Park.
In conclusion, I want to give a special thanks to my family, employees, colleagues, line officers, and most of all, YOU, our members. I look forward to a prosperous year and working for each of you.
J. Reed Pirain ABR CRS GREEN
2016 RAMP President